Mr. Ernest L. Thomas, President and CEO of Bravokid Entertainment, website coming soon, has more than 30 years of achievement in theatre, television and film.
Ernest is a graduate of the prestigious American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York City. The Academy boasts over 75 Academy Award nominees or winners. Previous graduates include, Robert Redford, Danny DeVito, Kim Cattrall, the late Spencer Tracey, Cecil B. DeMille and an impressive list too numerous to mention. Ernest also has a Bachelor of Science Degree from Indiana State University in Sociology and Psychology.
Ernest’s other professional and business accomplishments include:
- Co-star in hit TV series “Everybody Hates Chris as “Mr. Omar” which is seen daily in the U.S and has an even larger following in Europe and Asia.
- Featured Actor in “Funny People” as the “Principal” with Adam Sandler and Jason Schwartzman.
- Starred in “Paroled” as Royce Henderson with Spider Loc, Candy Brown Houston and Master P.
- Best Actor Award for his starring role as “Raj” in the popular ABC television series ”What’s Happening” from Beat TV in 1979.
- Nominated for a NAACP Image Award Best Actor in a Comedy Series for the role of “Raj” in the revised version of his hit television series “What’s Happening Now” in 1987.
- MPAC (Muslim Public Affairs Counsel) award for the role of “Sidney X” in Spike Lee’s critically acclaimed epic “Malcolm X” in 1992.
- Sidney Poitier chose him to star in the hit urban comedy “Piece of the Action” with Bill Cosby and James Earl Jones.
- A role was written especially for him for the award winning series “ROOTS”.
- TV GUIDE chose him as one of America’s favorites in August 12, 1996 in the issue titled “Stars We Still Love”.
- Muhammad Ali chose him as a featured speaker for the Muhammad Ali World Hunger Tour.
- Starred on Broadway at the Helen Hayes Theater in “Member of Wedding” for the Tony Award winning producer Hal Prince (Producer of “Phantom of the Opera” And “Evita”).
- Starred opposite Grammy Award winning Gospel sensation, Kirk Franklin, in the sold out national tour of “He Say, She Say, But What Does God Say” in 1996.
- Ernest has received numerous honors from congressmen, mayors, and clergymen for his outstanding work with various charities and for his ability to bring diverse groups together as he did in Washington, D.C. by holding the first joint press conference against apartheid between Muslim Imams and Catholic Priests. He was also a keynote speaker.
“A sure formula for success is an incredible faith in the Creator and in the God within you. Tunnel your vision on what you want. Get rid of all negative influences including family (but be kind with detachment), best friends and frenemies. Work like you have only 24 hours to live. Laughter and comedy by any means necessary. NEVER ever speak anything but greatness in your life no matter what your circumstances are. The only reality is the oneness with you and your Creator …” – Ernest L. Thomas
For more information go to: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0858808/